Sunday, September 18, 2011

Re-re-re-recap

I got real bad at this blogging gig once I got back from D.C. so here is the reader's digest of what happened in my life the past few weeks.

Well I was reunited with my fam bam in L.A. for the infamous McKeon family Christmas card picture.  The pictures took days.  Literally, it was never ending.  However, it was really fun to see the whole family even if it was just for a 24-hour stint. 



After L.A., I made it back up to Granite Bay and anxiously awaited for Porter to fly up.  I could hardly sleep the night before...it was like Christmas.  But the time finally came and after 2 ridiculously long months we were once again back together.  And the first thing we wanted to do?  Hit up Folsom.

Port got a little loose out there at the lake...

It was so nice to be back with best friend and my family again.  D.C. was legit and all, but I was so happy to be home.

The whole time we were out in Granite Bay we were either at a lake or in the backyard swimming.  The sun picked on us that week though...we got soooo sun burnt, but that didn't really stop us from going.



We took one day and went up to Donner.  I told Porter about all the creepy little exhibits in their museum and he got real into it.


Can't help but to include EVERY grizzly picture I can...

We kept our tradition alive by taking our regular trip to San Fran to go to a Giants game (where we got engaged), but we made a pit stop in Fairfield and went to the Jelly Belly Factory.


We had to get a pic with the man that made Jelly Belly famous...President Ronald Reagan.


When we finally made it down to San Fran, we walked around Pier 39 to look at some of the sights...


We found this little treasure...Princess Diaries is seriously one of the greatest movies ever.


Gotta stop by the creepy wax museum when in The City...


After we had dinner at Wipeout, we went and watched the Giants lose again...we should stop going.


Going one whole day without going to the lake caused us to suffer from sunshine withdrawals.  I decided to see how much my dad trusted me and asked him to let us take his precious boat out on Folsom all by ourselves.  Thank goodness we have such a studly dad who will let us play with his toys...


Who couldn't love that face?  I mean honestly.  He did however give us a stern talking to before we left...we got the point.  I was scared to death the whole time we were out there...images of us crashing the boat into something flashed across my mind literally every second.  We did manage to have some fun though and we had our favorite engaged couple with us..."The Taylor's."


Chaff and his buddies came along with us.  It was weird being out there with them for the last time since they have been like brothers to me.  I miss little Zack and Mitch already...


However I'm not really gonna miss this...


Basically, California was legit but we were all pretty pumped to get back to Provo and start school again.  Mostly I was just excited to kick it with these lovely ladies again.


Life is pretty busy...I'm writing for the Daily Universe and it seems to consume my life, but luckily I have Cougar football to get my through the week (if only they could turn their season around).


Other things that are going on:

-wedding plans are going great (at least I think so, my mom is working her magic...I haven't really done much.  I'm only concerned about the dance at the reception)

- I'm writing about sports everyday...it's legit.

-I love having my little brosha up here at school with me

-I have the coolest cousins ever who through bumpin' McKeon parties

-Rylee is tearin' it up in Cross Country...varsity as a sophomore!  Kirk is a football star and my dad is the greatest coach/grizzly supporter ever.  As usual mom is holding everything together...we would be so lost without her.

Until next time...Car.



1 comment: